Friday, September 12, 2014

I’m Changing My Tune On ARR and Singing CYS

Alright I have finally been convinced…a friend of mine has talked some sense into me about ARR. I have been championing this stock for a while now because of its fantastic monthly dividend.  Well things have changed and the performance of the stock over the past year has been lackluster compared to other comparable stocks.  I also own CYS and it has completely outperformed ARR over the past year.  I did some more research and the company is sound.  It only invests in real estate that is backed by government lenders like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the company is run by a former investment strategist.  Having a company run by someone who understands things from an investor perspective makes me feel more secure because it makes him more cognizant of market considerations.





Also the website of the company is a bit more professional and there is more information about the company and its strategy than there is on ARR’s website. 

The downside with CYS is the fact that they pay quarterly and the dividend yield is 2 percent less than ARR.  Even still you are making around the same amount of money.

Overall I think CYS is a better investment because of its consistent equity growth versus ARR’s poor equity performance over the past year.  Even if ARR rebounds CYS will already be ahead. 





No comments:

Post a Comment