Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Trading notes 1-1-15

After watching the market over the last few days and seeing the Santa Claus rally I feel confident that my instincts are good about where the market is going.

There may be a pullback at some point these next few weeks so I am going to watch the market carefully. People are getting out of positions now that they couldn’t have at the end of the year because of tax implications.  I am of course going to play the probabilities but I want to time my trades more effectively.

The stocks I am watching are Apple, Yahoo and Facebook I think that Apple may pull back based on the lack of confidence in their upcoming products. I think that Yahoo can go either way based on what Marissa Meyer announces in the next few days or weeks about what they're going to do in regards to their Alibaba shares. I think that Facebook is the more promising company for growth because it has a lot of other businesses under its umbrella I just think the other people playing the market don't have the same confidence in the company because they don't trust a young Mark Zuckerberg. But as Facebook keeps outperforming and over delivering I think the stock will go higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment