Friday, January 9, 2015

Using Fibonacci To Time Your Trades

After some more study about how to better time my trades, I had an epiphany today.  If I could use the Fibonacci series on time cycles I can plan the best moment to place a trade.  Of course there is no crystal ball but nature’s own math can help you come close to being in harmony with the “organized” chaos of the market. 

I was introduced to the Fibonacci Queen Carolyn Boroden through watching Jim Cramer.  Her analysis turned on my light bulb about using the Fibonacci series over time and not just over price action.  I started using the Fibonacci time tool in Think or Swim this morning on my Facebook trade and realized that I could have made a better decision about timing my entry point than I did.  I entered in on Monday when I could have waited till Tuesday before I entered the trade.

If you look at the chart you can see where I placed the Fibonacci tool at the beginning of the trend and it traces the moment where I could have placed the trade.  I placed my trade on Monday (yellow circle) but I should have placed my trade on Tuesday (blue circle).  The line drawn in black shows the Fibonacci measurement at where I should have been focused.




I used the tool on the 5 minute and 1 minute chart too and it works just as well.  This is groundbreaking for me because I learned from trial and error that it is always best to wait for a pullback before entering a trade but the key is timing the end of the pullback.  This Fibonacci tool will help me plan my entry a lot more efficiently. 



No comments:

Post a Comment