Friday, December 3, 2021

My Journey

 I just wanted to share my journey of trading so far for the benefit of anyone who is struggling and trying to figure things out.

I have yet to feel like I am a success but I feel a lot closer now that I have in many years. I’ve studied stock, options, forex and crypto and used many trading strategies and indicators. After all of my trials and errors I have finally found several strategies that I employ in tandem that keep me in the markets but also keep me away from trouble.

Aside from the strategies there are some key important money management and risk management rules I have set up as well as some psychological techniques that help me remain calm in difficult situations.

As I said I am by no means a master of these elements but I am getting better everyday and have had the most consistent success I’ve ever had.

I first started trading way back in 2000 and in true glutton for punishment fashion I chose to trade options because it had more leverage but it was super challenging to learn. I got it though and kept trying to win more than I lost. That proved to be a losing proposition however because I had no understanding of market phases, risk management, money management and smart money concepts.

Time passed and I missed the crypto run after taking my money out too early. I lost money on a couple of scams but thankfully not too much. A buddy of mine kept encouraging me to trade forex because he had so much success and with figures like $900 a week I was hooked. This proved to be illusive for me however because I did not have the right psychology to trade. I had practiced losing too much and was pulling out of trades too early for fear of losing. I had to detach myself from the trade in order to become successful. That’s when I got interested in using bots or EAs to trade. I figured if a computer can write music and make art than surely a computer can trade for me and help me get over some of my anxiety while trading.

I researched several individuals and companies who made trading bots and tested many of them. I found one individual who was consistent and has been consistent over these many years and that’s Alex duPloy from Expert4X. He consistently updates his trading robots and provides a wealth of content on how to trade them. He is also creating new robots and has a free and paid forum for owners of his robots to trade stories and ideas. I’ll be sharing some of the trading robots that have helped me in my trading and the best approaches I have found to use them effectively.

Well that’s my story so far (the abridged version). Hopefully in the near future I will be sharing my prop firm trading journey and giving insight as to the best practices to get funded.

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment